Mother's Day Meal in Dundee
We think there is no greater gift than food and when it comes to Mother’s Day, we have thought of everything, so tuck in to our list of dining possibilities at the resort for you and your mum this Mother’s Day:
Mother’s Day Meal
Join us for a lovely Mother’s Day on Sunday, 22nd March all day in our Waterside Restaurant or Cairn O’Mount bar.
Our team of chefs have created the ultimate Mother’s Day menu, with a choice of a 2 or 3 course meal with a glass of fizz for all Mother's. Our menu is filled with delightful dishes made from seasonal and locally- sourced produce, you’ll even see a few of ingredients from our family farm, Omachie.
Once you’ve indulged in your meal, why not take your mum on a leisurely walk around our ponds to take in some fresh country air.
2 courses for 15.95 | 3 courses for 19.95
- Soup of the day with granary bread and butter (G)
- Chicken liver parfait with leaf salad, apple and plum chutney and Kenmore oatcakes (G,M,E)
- Pork and wild mushroom terrine lined with smoked bacon served with apple and plum chutney and toasted ciabatta (G)
- Prawn cocktail, crispy cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumber topped with prawn marie rose served with bread and butter (SH,E,G)
- Goats cheese and roast pepper spring roll served with grilled asparagus, mixed leaf salad and olive tapenade (G,M,E)
- Slow roasted rump of beef with roast potatoes, roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and peppercorn gravy (G,E,M,SU)
- Omachie honey roasted gammon with roast potatoes, roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and wholegrain mustard gravy (G,E,M,SU)
- Roast chicken stuffed with black pudding wrapped in parma ham with roast potatoes, roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and a red wine gravy (G,E,M,SU)
- Steak and ale pie topped with butter puff pastry served with creamed mash potatoes and roasted vegetables (G, M, SU)
- Crispy east coast battered haddock with hand cut chips and forbes minted peas (F, G, M)
- Baked macaroni with mild campbeltown cheddar, applewood smoked cheddar with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (M, G)
- Kingennie beef burger with cos lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickled gherkins, garlic aioli topped with streaky bacon and emmenthal cheese in a brioche bun served with chips, salad and coleslaw (G, M, E)
- Grilled halloumi, olive and sundried tomato salad with rocket and cos lettuce topped with a balsamic glaze
- Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce served with Chantilly cream and honeycomb ice cream (G, E, M)
- Apple crumble served with custard (M, E, G)
- Warm chocolate brownie with Chantilly cream and mint chocolate ice cream (G, M, E)
- Banoffee pie with caramelised bananas, Chantilly cream and salted caramel ice cream (G, M)
- Selection of mackies ice cream or luvians sorbet (M)
Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea
There’s no better location to sip on a glass of fizz and munch on a scone than Forbes of Kingennie. While tucking into your afternoon tea you and your mum will have breath-taking views of the peaceful resort fishing ponds and over the rolling Angus countryside.
Sitting 1 - 1pm Arrival for Afternoon Tea at 1:15pm
Sitting 2 - 3:45pm Arrlval for Afternoon Tea at 4:00pm
£15.00 per person with a choice of teas | £20.00 per person with a glass of fizz or a G&T
To book any of the above call us on 01382 350777.
Mother’s Day Gift Inspiration
If you can’t spend Mother’s Day with your mum then why not get her a voucher for the resort, that she can use in her own time. You can purchase vouchers for anything from a night in our Leannan Boathouse lodge to afternoon tea for two or dinner in our Cairn O’Mount bar. Email our Reception Team or call us on 01382 350777 for more information.