Our Take on an Age-old Structure
Shepherd Huts have been traced back to the 15th century, when shepherds would use them as a portable space to shelter in during lambing season. When you look at our huts, you’ll see a tribute to those traditional structures with the classic shape, iron wheels and corrugated iron roof but we’ve brought them to life with some home comforts like underfloor heating, double glazing, sky lights and more.
Greendown Shepherd Huts Scotland was established when the Forbes Family sought out to add a luxury glamping element to Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort. We were searching for a high-quality product that allowed guests to enjoy a luxury break in a compact space. After a lot of thorough research, we settled on Greendown Shepherd Huts. Greendown Shepherd Huts Ltd was set up by Harry Long and Richard Hodges in 2017, originally located in a workshop on a farm in Saltford. Harry brought his traditional craftsmanship to the table and Richard complimented that with his financial knowledge. Greendown Shepherd Huts have a growing reputation for their exceptional quality and they remain at the forefront of constructing huts for the hospitality market.
Together our aim is to create and deliver exceptional Shepherd Huts to people and businesses within Scotland. Whether you are looking for a home office space, a food catering truck, an extension to your B&B or a bolthole at the bottom of your garden, our Shepherd Huts offer a unique, compact but comfortable space for you to get creative with.
Our huts are handcrafted to last a lifetime. Each one is robust yet stylish, with superior finishes from our hardwood windows to the exterior oak cladding, which comes as standard. They are suitable for all year round use and within hours of delivery they can be earning you money. Whether it’s a simple hut you’re after or one that is fully kitted out with all the bells and whistles, we can tailor a Shepherd Hut to your unique vision.
Our standard huts come with the following:
- Boxed steel chassis with toe eye
- Single casement 600mm windows
- Fully insulated to new build standard
- Hardwood painted windows and French doors double glazed to new build standard
- Exterior oak cladding, which means no painting or maintenance
- Full electrics; 2 double sockets, 1 single socket, 3 fisherman lights, 2 outside lights, consumer box and commando socket
Optional extras and upgrades can be added in:
- French doors can be upgraded to a stable door
- Single casement windows can be upgraded to double or triple casement
- Underfloor heating
- 4kw burning stove, slatehearth and twin wall flue
- TV and aerial
- Bathroom with walk in shower
- Kitchen with gas hob and integrated microwave
- Full sized double bed (4’6” x 6’6”)
- LPG Gas boiler that runs at 12 litres per minute
- Electric water shower
- Colours are the choice of the customers, as are blind designs
- Small folding oak table and two wooden chairs
- Cupboard/ wardrobe
- Free standing 2-seater sofa
- Built in two-seater sofa
- Pull out day bed with futon mattress and storage
- Shower room with walk-in shower including aquaboard walls, sink and vanity unit, WC, small electric towel rail, shaver socket, enclosed light and associated pipework.
- Star gazing rooflight and blind
- Kitchenette with 600mm unit, 600mm unit with butler sink/mixing tap, 600mm integrated fridge, oak worktop, integrated microwave and housing, 2 right hob – electric or gas.
The B&B Herdsman
If you’re an investor in anything from glamping to B&Bs, this is the hut for you. With the B&B Herdsman, we’ve done all the hard work for you, you just need to plan in the finishing touches, and we will deliver the fully fitted hut to you with everything you need to get up and running.
This 20ft luxury shepherd hut makes a perfect country retreat and it comes fully equipped and ready to use. The only thing left for you to do is connect the water supply, connect the waste pipe and plug in the electricity supply. The hut also has a lifespan of over 20 years, making it a long-lasting option for B&Bs and other overnight stay companies.
B&B Herdsman with Fixed Bed - £35,000 including VAT - specifications of Shepherd Hut with Fixed Bed
B&B Herdsman with Fold Down Bed - £36,500 including VAT - specifications of Shepherd Hut with Fold Down Bed
We offer a bespoke service, where you can design your hut to your exact requirements. We can tailor our design service to your needs, whether you are looking for a home office, garden room, treatment space or guest bedroom to name a few. We would love to sit down with you over a cup of tea to discuss your ideas and help bring them to life.
You can get creative and add in exciting elements like:
- Bunk beds
- Sky lights
- Steam rooms
- Hot tubs
- Sizes from 12ft to 22ft long (7ft wide)
Visit and Stay
Try out a night in a Shepherd Hut so you can experience it for yourself, before investing in your own.
Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort is home to a family of Greendown Shepherd Huts. You can hunker down in one of our huts for a mini-break and get a real feel for how you can bring your hut to life. You can soak up all the little luxuries as well as exploring a bit of the Angus countryside while you’re here.
Get in Touch
Our team is passionate about providing a personalised service, where we support you throughout the entire journey. Once you’ve finalised your design and specifications, we’ll start the build. You’ll receive updates on your hut as it is being crafted. We will visit your site and plan the delivery with you to ensure it is as smooth and seamless as possible.
Email us your ideas - firstname.lastname@example.org
Get social with us - Facebook - @GreendownShepherdHutsScotland