Privacy & Cookies
Forbes of Kingennie is committed to protecting your privacy. We take great measures to ensure your information is private and secure.
How we collect information from you
- When you make an enquiry or booking at the resort including – fishing, golf, restaurant, bar, events and lodges.
- When you sign up to our email newsletter.
- When you book in to our events – we keep a record so we can let you know about other things happening in the future that we think you might like.
- When you become a member of our golf course or fishery we keep a record of your details.
What information we collect
To better serve our customers, we may collect the following information:
- We collect details you fill out and give to us which may include; contact information, age, interests, business details.
- Information on previous visits - so we know what you like to do when you are here and what things you would be interested in hearing about.
- Details of other people within your group booking including name and age.
- Purchase/transaction history.
- Photographs you share with us on Social Media or that you have given permission for us to use.
- Browser cookies.
- Survey/ feedback form responses and competition submissions.
Why we collect this information
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include, some or all of, the following:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of the customer.
- To better understand how people interact with us, including on our social media sites and website.
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and our advertising.
How can you delete your personal information?
If you would like us to delete any personal information that we have on you then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you submit via this website is secure and is never shared to a third party unless as authorised by law. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have created physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
New Cookie Legislation
What is in a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of that website.
How can I control cookies?
Links to other sites
This website contains links to external websites. Privacy policies on these sites may vary and, as such, we are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites.
Data Protection Act 1998
Forbes of Kingennie is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may request details of stored personal information by writing to us. A small fee may be payable.