Kingennie Golf Club Charity Dinner
Friday, 13th March from 19:00 pm | £35 per ticket | Tickets can be purchased as a table
You’re invited to Forbes of Kingennie’s Sportsman’s Dinner on Friday 13th March 2020. We have an exciting programme lined up and the night is bound to be a wildly entertaining one!
Arrival: 7pm / Meal: 7:30
The event will include an appetising three course meal created by our team of chefs using local ingredients and some outstanding after dinner speakers.
Our two guest speakers for the evening Les Peters and Alan Tait.
Les Peters featured on the GMTV Hogmanay special, Les spoke at the Captain's Dinner at Uphall Golf Club near Edinburgh on 17 consecutive occasions and Grace Neill’s, Ireland’s oldest pub, have just rebooked him for another successive year. The famous Royal Jersey Golf Club say that he made their annual event the “best-ever” and many other similarly special social events have also enjoyed his highly-honed speaking skills – where his laughter lines are always the driving force behind a fantastic night's entertainment.
Alan Tait, director of golf at the Dalmahoy Hotel, has been a PGA professional since 1990. In 1996 he topped the Scottish order of merit, spending the following year on the multi-million pound European tour where the experiences and fun he had were absoloutely invaluable in his development of his role as an entertaining speaker. Alan co-hosts 'The Golf Show' with respected journalist and broadcaster Graham Spiers and also provides commentary for the BBC at the open championship and at the Barclays Scottish Open.
Tickets are £35 (£30 for members) and can be purchased individually or as a table. To book call us on 01382 350777 or email email@example.com.
Mother's Day Floral Design Workshop
Sunday, 15th March 2020 | 12PM - 3PM
£37.50 PER PERSON
On Sunday the 15th March enjoy our Mother's Day craft workshop led by Olly Bobbins Florist.
Create a gift wrapped, hand tied bouquet for someone special.
Followed by Tea, Coffee and Cake
Check out some of Olly Bobbins fantastic work: https://www.ollybobbins.co.uk/
Mother's Day at Kingennie
Sunday, 22nd March 2020
Mother’s Day Meal
Join us for a lovely Mother’s Day on Sunday, 22nd March all day in The Scullery Restaurant or Cairn O’Mount bar.
Our team of chefs have created the ultimate Mother’s Day menu, with a choice of a 2 or 3 course meal with a glass of fizz for all Mother's. Our menu is filled with delightful dishes made from seasonal and locally- sourced produce, you’ll even see a few of ingredients from our family farm, Omachie.
Once you’ve indulged in your meal, why not take your mum on a leisurely walk around our ponds to take in some fresh country air.
2 courses for £15.95 | 3 courses for £19.95
- Soup of the day with granary bread and butter (G)
- Chicken liver parfait with leaf salad, apple and plum chutney and Kenmore oatcakes (G,M,E)
- Pork and wild mushroom terrine lined with smoked bacon served with apple and plum chutney and toasted ciabatta (G)
- Prawn cocktail, crispy cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumber topped with prawn marie rose served with bread and butter (SH,E,G)
- Goats cheese and roast pepper spring roll served with grilled asparagus, mixed leaf salad and olive tapenade (G,M,E)
- Slow roasted rump of beef with roast potatoes, roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and peppercorn gravy (G,E,M,SU)
- Omachie honey roasted gammon with roast potatoes, roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and wholegrain mustard gravy (G,E,M,SU)
- Roast chicken stuffed with black pudding wrapped in parma ham with roast potatoes, roast vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and a red wine gravy (G,E,M,SU)
- Steak and ale pie topped with butter puff pastry served with creamed mash potatoes and roasted vegetables (G, M, SU)
- Crispy east coast battered haddock with hand cut chips and forbes minted peas (F, G, M)
- Baked macaroni with mild Campbeltown cheddar, Applewood smoked cheddar with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (M, G)
- Kingennie beef burger with cos lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickled gherkins, garlic aioli topped with streaky bacon and emmental cheese in a brioche bun served with chips, salad and coleslaw (G, M, E)
- Grilled halloumi, olive and sundried tomato salad with rocket and cos lettuce topped with a balsamic glaze
- Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce served with Chantilly cream and honeycomb ice cream (G, E, M)
- Apple crumble served with custard (M, E, G)
- Warm chocolate brownie with Chantilly cream and mint chocolate ice cream (G, M, E)
- Banoffee pie with caramelised bananas, Chantilly cream and salted caramel ice cream (G, M)
- Selection of mackies ice cream or luvians sorbet (M)
Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea
There’s no better location to sip on a glass of fizz and munch on a scone than Forbes of Kingennie. While tucking into your afternoon tea you and your mum will have breath-taking views of the peaceful resort fishing ponds and over the rolling Angus countryside.
Sitting 1 - 1pm Arrival for Afternoon Tea at 1:15pm
Sitting 2 - 3:45pm Arrlval for Afternoon Tea at 4:00pm
£15.00 per person with a choice of teas | £20.00 per person with a glass of fizz or a G&T